NMPF Coronavirus Dairy Toolbox
Apply for CFAP
USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA) offers multiple ways for you to apply for CFAP to meet your business needs. These include:
- Apply Online: Producers with an eAuthentication account can now apply for CFAP via USDA’s CFAP Application Portal. Step-by-step instructions are available in the CFAP Application Portal User Guide. Applications are completed, electronically signed, and submitted directly to a local Service Center through this online system. Producers interested in creating an eAuthentication account should visit farmers.gov/sign-in to learn more.
- Manually Complete Applications: Producers who are interested in filling out the CFAP application manually can download the application form, AD-3114, to fill out and return to the FSA office at their local USDA Service Center. If you need more space, you should use the AD-3114A continuation form. Instructions for form AD-3114 and AD-3114 continuation are available for producers to reference when filling out both forms.
- Fill Application with Payment Calculator: USDA’s CFAP Application Generator and Payment Calculator is an Excel workbook that allows producers to input information specific to their operation to determine estimated payments and populate the application form, which you can then print, sign, and submit to the FSA office at your local USDA Service Center. Microsoft Excel is required to use this workbook. A video preview with more information is available here.
Assistance with Applying
While most USDA Service Centers are open for business by phone appointment only, FSA is working with producers by phone and using email and online tools to process CFAP applications. Please call the FSA office at your local USDA Service Center to schedule an appointment if you’d like assistance or have questions. Producers can find contact information for their local USDA Service Center here.
A CFAP Call Center is available for producers who would like additional one-on-one support with the CFAP application process. Please call 877-508-8364 to speak directly with a USDA employee ready to offer assistance. The CFAP Call Center can provide service to non-English speaking customers.
- CFAP: Frequently Asked Questions by Dairy Farmers
- What Dairy Farmers Need to Know About CFAP
- CFAP for Dairy Producers Fact Sheet
- Coronavirus Food Assistance Program FAQ
Visit www.farmers.gov/cfap for additional information about CFAP and www.nmpf.org/coronavirus for a full listing of coronavirus resources for dairy farmers and co-ops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments about CFAP and how it is being administered by your local FSA office.