2020 Grant Information
The Oregon Dairy Farmers Association is inviting research proposals for consideration. Proposals should focus on applied research important to Oregon’s dairy industry.
Approximately $75,000 is available from the Oregon Dairy Farmers Association. The research committee has established the subject matter priorities listed below.
The proposal deadline will be in the fall, a date to be announced this summer. Late proposals will not be accepted.
Dairy Research Priorities
The Oregon Dairy Farmers Association is interested in projects that are related to enhancing profitability and sustainability of dairy operations in Oregon through:
- Air quality (e.g. odor; feed storage and management; etc.)
- Animal welfare and employee protocols
- Water use/irrigation management and technologies
- Enhancement of quality and production of forages
- Animal disease and health
- Improved farm protocols to increase milk quality
- Manure management/nitrogen efficiency and management (e.g. odor; composting; etc.)
- Pasture management improvements
- Improvement in reproductive efficiency
- Feed efficiency